Our curriculum is outlined by the world renowned Berhman House Publishers, who have become America's leaders in providing quality in depth educational materials to Religious Schools. Our goal is that during their Religious School education students will achieve:
- Working knowledge of the Major Mitzvot in the Torah
- Familiarity with the major Biblical Characters and Stories
- An Understanding of the Various Torah Portions and associated Prophets
- Introduction to Mishnah and Talmudic Debate
- Hands On Approach to Engaging the Jewish holidays
- Fluency in Understanding the Jewish Prayers
- Tools to Read, Write, and Understand Basic Hebrew
Rachel Macek, Director of the K.I. Fred Devinki Religious School, brings years of experience working in education to her new position. She earned her Bachelors of Science and Masters of Science in education from the University of Kansas. She has taught science and engineering classes for over eight years in the public school system. Rachel has been working in the Kansas City, Kansas School District central office for the last seven years as part of the curriculum department.
Rachel also has over twelve years of experience teaching in local religious schools. She has experience writing and reviewing curriculum in both public and religious schools. Rachel plans to bring this knowledge with her to the Kehilath Israel Fred Devinki Religious School to improve the great curriculum that is already being taught.
Rachel is a life-long resident of Overland Park. She has been a member of KehiIath Israel since 2008, serving in the past on the executive board. She and her husband, Scott Macek, are active with many of K.I.’s activities. Rachel lives with her husband and children, Yedid Dov and Chaviva Tzidi.